2 1/2 weeks of vacation bliss.

Monday, September 05, 2005

A long way to Cooperstown

Well, not really a long way in the distance sense of the word, but in the difficulty sense for sure. We arrived safe and sound, but the trip was insane. First of all, the break light in the car is busted, then I got a speeding ticket that was actually not fair (NO REALLY!!!) and then the car ate our IDL CD. Now, you may be wondering why that might be a big deal. Well, we decided not to mention it before, but this car we are driving now is NOT the sea-foam focus we had a t the beginning of the trip - we are in a new rental car because that one had a broken trunk. This is the second car - gold Malibu (HATE IT!) and it looks like we are going to be getting a third car once we are out of Cooperstown. Poop.
Well, it could be worse. Jenn and I are both pretty tired and looking forward to sleep. I went for a nice run today along Route 33 in Cooperstown. It is so weird that you can run on the highway and not die too bad.

Two days ago brought along Walden Pond and the home of Loiusa May Allcott (Jenn is a big fan, I know nothing and have never read Little Women, which, apparently, in Concord MA is a sin. We also saw the place the Hamptons lived at. Again, I am clueless. However, I do know who Thoraeu is and have actually read Civil Disobedience. Loved seeing his old stomping grounds and took a great hike around the pond. I swam to the middle of the pond and laid there, eyes to the sky, closed, with the sloshing of green water in my ears. A moment to not be forgotten and to be alive in my mind as an altar moment.
We saw Rachel's friend play the blues harmonica and sing that night. He was really good and we became fast friends. I also had this random conversation about the nature of God with this totally wacked out guy that I was to later find out was the TOMMY FLANDERS the man the started the band Blues Project in '69. Completely surreal.

I really like Rachel's church Mosaic Boston. Nice peeps, love God, 'nuff said.

Michelle's Uncle Tom (you guessed it - Jenn has an Uncle Tom too - actually she has 2) and Aunt Barb were welcoming and warm - I got to see two of my three cousins too. I love those chickens! Jeff and I are going to attempt to keep in touch and I am trying to get Kris to move to LA, much to the shegrinn of the parental figures. Tom and Barb - thank you thank you thank you - I love you all so much.

Tomorrow holds the Baseball Hall of Fame and the Farming Museum. We look forward to both whole-heartedly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a little late in my viewing of your BLOG. But it all sounds great!

Critique: check your spelling of chagrin.
Only your Dad would do that to you...to save future embarrassment.

Oh yes! And thanks for the chat this (monday) morning.
Loves Dad

9/12/2005 7:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home