2 1/2 weeks of vacation bliss.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

I suppose tired is good...

But when you are so tired that you head out of Grammy's house to use the internet at Aunt's house and forget the USB cord that allows you to download all the pictures you've been taking for the past two days - that is bad. SOOO - I will give verbal highlights and ya'll will just have to wait for such amusing moments as "Is Grammy dead?" and "Nothing but spit left!"

Arrived safe and sound as Jenn mentioned and arrived in Douglasville at around 6pm - a whole 30 minutes before I was scheduled. This, I think, made Grammy a bit nervous that I was driving too fast. Aunt Michelle (here on out known as AM) confirmed that if I was, as I stated, "going along with traffic", then, yes, I was driving too fast.

Last night hit the sack at 8:30pm and slept till the same hour in the morning today. By the way, it's pouring if you haven't had the mind to check out the weather ticker.

This morning was a beautiful and simple mass at St. Thomas More church on the outskirts of Pottstown. This is the Catholic church where AM, Cousin Matt (CM), and my Uncle Pete (MUP - for Michelle's Uncle Pete - needless to say, Jenn's Uncle Pete is JUP. That's funny.)
Actually MUP and I are Protestants. This means that we think the Eucharistic elements have the presence of Christ instead of being the actual blood and body - a term known as transubstantiation for those of you not at Fuller. I'm pretty sure it also means that we think pot-lucks are a good way to get a free lunch.

My lunch was NOT free, and AM- VERY GRACIOUSLY- bought me a delicious baked potato and steamed veggies (one of my favorite meals ever) at Red Lobster with CM, MUP and Gram in for the fun. Our waitperson, Sue, was the best waitperson I have ever had at a Red Lobster. We decided that the SoCal Red Lobster's don't have good service because there is little to no understanding of what it actually takes to catch lobsters, or any other type of sea life for that matter, and they make use of the ocean for surfing, not fishing. Not to mention the fact that, you know, the Maine wind carries the essence of lobster-catching all the way down to northern Deleware, where they have their own essence to feed off of. (What does "Derrigo" mean anyway? Fifty points to the person who posts the answer.)

After a great afternoon of Bergey-rules card games (these people are tricky I tell you!) and laugher and snacking (no- I did not go over points) I went for a run in beautiful Amity Park Township and came back to kind of a scary thing: Hurricane Katrina all over the news.

Friends, lets pray for the people that are being affected by this:
Lord, please be heavily present in the affected areas of the Hurricane. We know that your creation is strong and powerful, but we ask that you would calm this storm, keep people safe, and use the devestation to show your glory. In this time of uncertainty, we confirm your ability to turn what started out bad into something good - and if not good, then at least you can turn it into an opportunity for grace and peace. Amen.

Well, I am super tired and am looking forward to bed and looking at A LOT of pictures tommorow. I still have to drive back to Gram's. Pics to come!
'Till later loved ones! Tally ho!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home