2 1/2 weeks of vacation bliss.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

So many emotions, not enough time...

This is Grammy at 18. This is my Grampa in the service and the plane he flew in WW2.

















This is so cool - my Gram on the left in the famous Hi-Hat Club in Daytona Beach Florida when on leave (her date was NOT Grampa!!!!!)





Jenn has arrived! We jsut had dinner with Gram and I now sit at AM's computer blogging and waiting for the first load of trip laundry to finish. Lots of things happened over the last couple nights that brought many emotions.
Emotion 1: gratefulness - found out the awesome trail that I found that was my little secret that I loved and couldn't wait to run on again was the site of three rapes in the last two weeks. Thank God I am safe.
E2: fear - got lost on the way home last night and wound up at the base of the huge ass smoke stacks that belong to the nuclear power plant in Limerick. Pitch black, eerie fog, spewign God only knows what into the air. I honestly thought I had stumbled upon Mordor.
E3: grief - looking at pictures last night made me miss my Grampa a lot. HE could be kind of a punk, but I miss the way he would call me ask me easy questions like, "Hey Micki - is the Old Testament true?" and "What is the sin that you commit against the Holy Spirit." Kept me on my toes for sure.
E4: amazement - my mother made all these actual storybooks about my brother's and my life (grammer??!!!) out of pictures and sent them to my Gram and Grandpa. She is probably the most creative woman I know. She enjoyed doing those things and my prayer for her is to have space for those things again - emotionally, financially and chronologically. I hope that creative fire never dies.
E5: competeness - being here and spending time alone with Mom's side of the fam - I really feel like I know my whole family. It brings great comfort and security.

There are more, but I want to share some pictures instead. Have to make a different post for it though so heads up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cous! I finally caught up on your blog. Looks like you are having TONS of fun! Can't wait to see you this weekend. Thanks for sharing the pics. It's an awesome idea to blog your trip. Love you!

8/30/2005 7:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home