2 1/2 weeks of vacation bliss.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Heading back to LA

Well, its Tuesday - the final day of our trip. We board a plane home in about 2 hours and we are, surprisingly, not ready to come home quite yet. We both leave Florida with a sense of sadness - Jenn is leaving her second home and family, and I am leaving my new second family. I highly encourage all of you to make good friends with Jenn because aside from her extreme good looks, she has a wonderful, welcoming family that are SOOOOO similar to my parents (ha! big surprise!) it is scary.
We know that LA is home - that it has the things that we have seen on our trip and the activities we have done on our trip. We also know that LA holds some of our most prized possessions - our loved ones, our friends.
For me, this trip has been one of altars. Many choices and decisions lie ahead for me. One of the many things that this trip has taught me is that people are worth spending all your money to be with. Relationships are worth stretching a dollar, or a minute, to behold. Time spent, time seen, time to just be in the presence of those you love, and those you have yet to love is worth far more than the fear of being broke.
We have met so many wonderful people on our trip: Anthony, Ed and I-Can't-Say from the Boston Fire Dept., Liz, Adam and Dave from Superkind in New Hope, Jenni and Brian from New York, Laura and Jacob at Disney (I already have a date in Orlando when I come back!- he's cute and an architect and I could go on but I won't here) and, of course, Jenn's parents and brother. I am so thankful that God has brought so many new people into my life - I can't wait to see why and how our lives reconnect.
More when we get home, but for now - we love you, can't wait to see you, and look forward to adventures ahead.

Michelle

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Home
- a boy

9/13/2005 9:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home